How I've Become Health Conscious

I was born weak, a menopause baby, from a family with a history of cardio (mother side) and respiratory (father side) illnesses. Unfortunately, I got them both. I was conceived from a father who was a chain-smoker, who eventually died of tuberculosis. Oftentimes in my childhood, I'd have high fevers, sore throat, asthma-like attacks, and nose bleeds. So sickly, my childhood wasn't a happy one. I wasn't allowed to play physically or to play out in the rain like the other kids used to. At 12, I was diagnosed with rheumatic heart disease. Every four weeks, for eight years, my medication involved a painful intravenous injection of Penadur LA.

My adult health wasn't spared either. My immune system started to function the way it shouldn't. I had skin rashes all the time. Allergic reactions due to free radicals from the environment triggered chronic bronchitis attacks. It seems that frequent visits to doctors had been like my way of life.

When I lost my job, being sick had become so terrible. I had to endure everything without medication. My hopelessness pushed me to search for what would help me survive even if it took a miracle. Thanks to the Internet.

I still do get sick from time to time; I'm no superman. Its occurence, however, has become rare and mild. Perhaps, taking the right dietary supplements that suit my system has made me healthier than before. I've become conscious of what I eat and I do moderate exercises everyday.

You don't need to suffer the way I did. You need to be healthy. Everyone deserves to be healthy. Nourish your life!

Comments